The sacral chakra is one of seven main energy centers in the body. It's located near the base of your spine, just above your navel. The name "sacral" comes from the Latin word for "belly," which refers to this area of the body. The sacral chakra is associated with our sense of personal power, creativity, and sensuality.
What is the Sacral Chakra?
The Sacral Chakra is located in the lower abdomen, just below the navel. It governs our creativity and sexuality, as well as pleasure. The sacral chakra is associated with water, which corresponds to emotion and lunar energy. It's also related to orange–the color of your aura when it's clear and bright–and therefore represents healthy sexuality.
This second chakra is commonly referred to as the "sexual" or "creative" chakra because it governs our ability to express ourselves through creativity in whatever form that may take: art, writing or music; fantasies; sexuality; sensuality in general. If you have a closed-off sacral chakra (especially if it's blocked by trauma), you could be experiencing feelings of fear around expressing yourself sexually or creatively because you feel judged or afraid of what will happen if others know who you really are on the inside.
Colors and Stones Associated with the Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra is also known as the Svadhistana, or "sweetness". It's located in the lower abdomen between the hips and just above the pubic bone. The Sacral Chakra is associated with our sexuality, creativity, self-expression, relationships and emotions. Its color is orange or red and its element is fire. Stones associated with this Chakra include Carnelian, Turquoise, Coral, Amber and Tiger's Eye (all orange stones) as well as Jade (red).
Creating Balance with the Sacral Chakra
If you want to help create balance in your sacral chakra, here are some things you can do:
- Use crystals to help heal the sacral chakra. Crystals like malachite, lapis lazuli, sodalite and turquoise all have a soothing effect on this chakra and can be used for meditation or healing sessions.
- Meditate on the color orange to activate your sacral chakra. This color is associated with creativity and sexuality, so taking time to meditate on this color will help give you energy when it comes to those two areas of life.
- Do yoga poses that focus on strengthening the pelvic floor muscles (which are closely related to our sexual organs) such as fish pose (matsyasana). This pose helps strengthen our core muscles by tilting our body forward while keeping our back straight until we feel like we're about ready fall over before pulling ourselves back up again!
The Benefits of Balancing Your Sacral Chakra
If you’re looking to boost your creativity, energy, intuition and self-esteem, or if you want to unleash your sexual energy and feel more connected with your body then balancing the sacral chakra is the way to go.
If we want to understand how this chakra plays a role in our overall wellbeing, it is important that we understand its location on the body. The sacral chakra is located at the base of the spine near where it connects with our pelvis. This area represents all things creative, sexual and procreative within ourselves as well as others around us. It is also associated with our lower back so any issues that arise here can affect both areas negatively if left unchecked for too long.
Healing Crystals for the Sacral Chakra
To help you heal your sacral chakra, you can use the following crystals:
- Ruby: This stone has healing properties that are especially helpful for emotional imbalances. It also helps with creativity and will aid in manifestation of ideas or desires.
- Emerald: Emerald is a protective stone that helps to calm the mind and offers an increase in intuition. It's also useful for calming anxiety, which is often associated with sacral chakra imbalances.
- Citrine: This crystal can assist you in releasing negative patterns of behavior or thought patterns that may be causing you pain or discomfort. In addition to this, citrine aids in finding personal fulfillment by helping to bring about balance between your body, mind and spirit.
- Amethyst: Purple amethyst is often referred to as "the peace stone" because it promotes a sense of wholeness within yourself as well as with others who share space with you in this world (or any other). Amethyst encourages self-love while removing fear from situations where fear would otherwise be present - this includes stressful situations such as job interviews or public speaking events!
Signs Your Sacral Chakra is Out of Balance
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, your sacral chakra may be out of balance:
- You feel insecure, anxious or fearful. The sacral chakra governs our sense of self-worth. If it's out of balance it can lead to low self-esteem and feelings that we don't deserve something or someone special in our life.
- You feel disconnected from your sexuality and have trouble connecting with others sexually (especially if this happens without physical contact).
- You feel disconnected from your creativity. Some people have a natural tendency to create things like art, music or poetry because they need an outlet for their creativity but many don't realize how much energy goes into creating something new! If you're not using this energy for good things then it'll just build up inside until there's no other choice than getting rid of it somehow - usually through drinking too much alcohol at parties or watching endless hours on Netflix binges ;)
- You feel disconnected from your intuition; i.e., having gut feelings about making decisions in life such as whether or not to purchase something expensive when money is tight already! Having no idea where these thoughts come from makes them hard if not impossible
Gemstones can help you balance your sacral chakra.
When this chakra is out of balance, you may feel disconnected from your body and sexuality. You may also struggle with issues related to sensuality and sexuality, including depression, low energy levels and lack of motivation.
Here are some signs that your sacral chakra is out of balance:
- Feeling disconnected from your body and sexuality
- Stuck in sex addiction or sexual shame cycles
Now, you’re all set to begin your journey into sacral chakra balancing. Remember that it’s important to find the right gemstone for you and balance your life in general. When you have a balanced sacral chakra, you will feel more connected to your body and sexuality. You will also be able to experience sensuality and sexuality in a way that is healthy and nourishing for both yourself and others around you.